Pike perch fillet with pecan caramel
- a recipe for 4 people
- a recipe from the cookbook Zuiderkempens Koken
600g Pike perch fillet
1/4 savoy cabbage
2 egg yolks
1 bottle of blond beer (Bier4Nature's “Hert” was used here)
300g real butter
- Blanch the savoy cabbage in salted water. Drain and put the cabbage in cold water. Dry the cabbage and fry briefly in the pan with 100g good butter.
- Put the 2 egg yolks in a sauté pan with a tablespoon of water and 175 ml of beer. Whisk on a gentle heat or au bain-marie until a you have a foamy mixture. Season it with a little cayenne pepper and salt. Gently stir in 200g of butter.
- Season the Pike perch fillet with some pepper and salt. Fry it on the skin side in butter. Turn over and gently bake it further in the pan. Regularly sprinkle with the colored butter.
- Fry the chanterelles in a pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Blanch the romanesco for 2 minutes in salted water. Rinse with cold water.
- Crumble the pecan caramel over the plate when finishing.