Nut cake with hazelnut & almond flour
- One cake = for 8 persons. For 100 people, we recommend baking 12 cakes.
125g egg yolks
25g invert sugar
55g hazelnut flour
245g almond flour
25g brown hazelnuts, chopped & roasted
25g pine nuts, chopped & roasted
25g pecan nuts, chopped & roasted
zest of 1/2 a lemon, finely chopped
60g melted butter
40g hazelnut liqueur
100g flour, sifted
10g baking powder
45g pistachios, peeled and chopped in fine bits
cake tin 30cm long
- Beat the egg yolks with 75g sugar and the invert sugar and beat the egg whites with 100g sugar. Mix both mixtures.
- Stir in the chopped nuts and the lemon zest.
- Then add the sifted flour, the baking powder and the salt. Finally, add the melted butter and the hazelnut liqueur. Mix everything together until you have a homogeneous, light mass.
- Grease the cake tin and fill it with +/- 2 cm of the dough. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 160°C.
- The nut cake can be garnished with toppings of your liking. Our tips: orange and mango sorbet, white chocolate cream, orange gel and nut crumble.